Competition Date Saturday 18th November 2017
Final Entry Date is Midnight Monday 6th November 2017
The entry costs are as follows
- Team entry = £40 per team (each team member must be aged 18 or over)
- 2 Teams entry = £80 for 2 teams but there are a limited amount of spaces for dojo’s wishing to enter 2 teams
- Ladies individual entry = £15 per ladies entry (all ladies must be aged 18 or over)
- Juniors = No charge
- All kendoka should understand that they enter and compete at their own risk, Mumeishi does not accept any liability for injuries sustained during the event and competitors should ensure they have suitable insurance.
The Terry Holt Juniors Championship will split in to four age groups as below:
- Group 1 (ages 6-9) – Kiri Kaeshi & Keiko only (1 minute), decision by Hantei
- Group 2 (ages 10-12) – 2 minute matches, no encho (hantei) apart from final match
- Group 3 (ages 13-14) – 2 minute matches, no encho (hantei) apart from final match
- Group 4 (ages 15-17) – 2 minute matches, no encho (hantei) apart from final match
Timings for the day are as below but these are approximate and may change throughout the day depending on progress.
10.00 am Opening Speech and Rules
10.15 Ladies Championship (Through to Finals)
11.30 Team Championship (First Round)
1.30 Team Championship (Second Round)
2.00 Juniors Registration (in the upstairs hall)
3.00 Juniors Championship
4.00 Team Championship (Third Round)
5.30 Quarter Finals
6.30 Finals followed by Presentations and Closing Address
7.00 After competition get together at The Queen’s Head Pub
This is an online booking process where you can book and pay for your entry. You will need the following
- Dojo name and main contact
- Names and grades for the 3 fighters in the team
- Names for the Ladies Individual Championship
- Names and Date of Birth for the Juniors (must be 17 or under on the day of the championship)
- Credit card to pay for your entry (teams & ladies only; Juniors are FOC). Payment is made through PayPal but you do not need an account, or you can make a single direct debit using GoCardless.
We hope to have Euro Kendo there if you need bogu and kendo supplies.
Lunch will be provided for fighters and we hope you can join us at the pub (Queens Head) for a drink afterwards, so come and make a day of it. There will also be a Sunday morning practice for any kendoka wishing to attend from 9am-12pm.